Ansible Automation WorkshopThis workshop is intended for people who want to learn the basics of Infrastructure as Code and learn how to leverage Ansible to provide automation across Infrastructure Support and Application Delivery.
Thursday, October 8, 2020 – 9AM – 12PM Pacific
Ansible Workshop Description
This workshop teaches the basic bits you need to start using Ansible Automation on your own, with hands-on instructor led labs. We’ll also discuss Ansible Tower and show where it fits in. This workshop provides attendees with access to an Ansible Lab environment that can be available after the workshop completes, and students will have access to any Ansible playbooks created during the workshop.
Ansible Workshop Agenda
– Introduction to Ansible automation
– How Ansible works for network automation
– Understanding Ansible modules and playbooks
– Executing Ansible playbooks to:
- Make configuration changes
- Make routine changes
- Gather information (Ansible facts)
– Using Jinja to template network configurations
– Using Ansible Tower to scale automation to the enterprise
Requirements for Workshop Participants
Attendees should have working knowledge of using SSH and command line shell (BASH) as well as a conceptual understanding of linux system administration (how to use simple commands like cd, ls, mv, mkdir, etc).
Attendees should have working knowledge of at least one Linux text editor (nano, pico, vi/vim, zile, emacs) with which to write Ansible playbooks.
Please contact Kristina Cook with any questions.
Li9 Technology Solutions – Sr Account Executive
Enterprise Automation Checklist in a DevOps world
The pace and scale of digital business innovation is increasing. Industries are experiencing widespread disruption. Digitally connected customers demand more, faster. New competition comes out of nowhere.
Organizations are trying to optimize resources, accelerate development, and adapt faster to market changes. All of these demands place an extra burden on IT teams. Automation can help.
An enterprise-wide automation strategy helps organizations improve existing processes and execute upon digital transformation. Ultimately, applying modern automation to your enterprise application environment helps your business better serve your customers—so you can be successful in the digital economy.
The Automated Enterprise
“The Automated Enterprise” e-book shows the important role IT automation plays in business today. Optimize resources and speed development with Red Hat® management solutions, powered by Red Hat Ansible Automation.
IT automation helps your business better serve your customers, so you can be successful as you:
- Optimize resources by automating complex and manual processes
- Accelerate service delivery while providing IT operations teams with control and visibility across a dynamic IT environment
- Transform your enterprise into an efficient digital business and rise quickly to meet the evolving demands in your marketplace