Join our Team
You’ll be able to expand your experience and capabilities, working on projects that leverage cloud, open source, and emerging technologies in large enterprise environments.
DevOps OpenShift Architect
LI9’s has an opening for DevOps OpenShift Architects on our DevOps consulting team. The candidate will join a team that includes 2 of the top 4 highest certified Red Hat Architects in the world. This elite team works with large enterprise clients to create DevOps infrastructures to support multi-cloud OpenShift Container solutions. Red Hat’s OpenShift container solution is the Enterprise standard for containers and we expect the demand for highly skilled architects that understand DevOps and OpenShift to continue to increase.
As a part of this DevOps Multi-Cloud team, we are looking for architects with extensive experience of open-source and Red Hat OpenShift technology. Join us to learn new technologies and expand your core base of expertise while help integrating LI9 and Open Source technologies through real world engagement. In this role, you will lead cloud application implementation using Red Hat OpenShift. You will play a key role in our customers’ evolution in enterprise development and help make our solutions both practical and workable for their businesses. You’ll work to gain an understanding of customer infrastructure and business needs, make recommendations that resolve their issues, and help them make strategic decisions. You’ll then build enterprise applications and capabilities around cloud technologies to streamline development and allow for continuous feature release of applications.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in cloud and hybrid-cloud computing with Red Hat OpenShift container platform in DevOps environments.
- Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise on how to effectively use PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service ) to build solutions; creatively applying cloud infrastructure and platform services to help solve business problems; and communicating these approaches to different business audiences in designated industries.
- Work with clients and LI9 teams to identify business problems and provide innovative solutions to them while evangelizing and accelerating the adoption of current and future OpenShift technologies.
- Design and implement Red Hat OpenShift solution architecture in discussions with prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work with Development leads and Designers to scope and craft proposals.
- Manage problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and design, implementation, testing, customer training, and deployment of open source solutions.
- Work to harvest best practices and document lessons learned as part of continuous improvement of our offerings.
- Explore and develop new technical skills, absorbing professional knowledge quickly
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Li9 understands that the most important technologies are new and candidates may lack the required years experience. All Li9 candidates are required to take a Li9 customized HackerRank that allows them to demonstrate their capabilities from with architecture and problem solving in these key areas. The experience requirements may be offset by a higher rank on the the HackerRank tests.
- Red Hat Certified Architect
- 5+ years in technical leadership roles with, with demonstrated IT experience in solving enterprise technology problems leveraging Open Source Solutions
- 3+ years in leadership roles developing cloud solutions in OpenShift
- 5+ years in building cloud applications, application development or micro-services and familiarity with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and PaaS
- 5+ years with build/deploy technologies and cloud operations with containers and container management technologies like Kubernetes (preferred) or Docker
- Solid project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Build technologies like Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Bamboo or Cloud Bees.
- Deployment technologies like Jenkins, GoCD, Automic.
- Automation and management technologies like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible by Red Hat.
- Version control technologies like Git (GitHub or GitLab), BitBucket, TFS, or ClearCase.
- Monitoring (APM) technologies like Splunk, Nagios, AppDynamics, New Relic, or Dynatrace.
Thank you and we look forward to learning more about how we can work together to modernize Li9’s customers’ IT infrastructures.
Email your resume, salary requirements, and availability dates to career@Li9.com .
For questions, contact:
Li9 Technology Solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer – Li9 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Li9 is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.