NGINX Software Defined Load Balancing
NGINX Plus is the only all-in-one load balancer, content cache, web server, and API gateway. Based on NGINX Open Source, NGINX Plus includes exclusive enhanced features and award‑winning support.
NGINX PROVIDES F5 WITH SOFTWARE BASED LOAD BALANCING
More than 87% of websites now use SSL/TLS to encrypt communications over the Internet, up from 66% just three years ago. End-to-end encryption is now the default deployment pattern for websites and applications, and the explosion in SSL/TLS certificates means some companies are managing many thousands of certificates in production environments. This calls for a more flexible approach to deploying and configuring certificates.
Save time and cut costs. – The NGINX platform is entirely software-based and runs on any commodity hardware, VM, container, or public cloud. NGINX consistently delivers 80% or more in cost savings and frees operations teams to focus on more strategic business projects.
Complete more projects, faster. – NGINX ensures companies complete a larger number of IT projects, faster. NGINX products are lightweight, programmable, and designed for modern software delivery. NGINX ensures developers are kept productive, creating production-ready digital services.
Improve user experience. – NGINX is a lightweight infrastructure that improves the performance of your applications and digital services. NGINX eliminates complex, point-products that introduce complexity and performance challenges, as well as provide application-acceleration technology.
Scale digital. – NGINX ensures each application has it’s own application delivery controller. Providing per-app granularity ensures each developer or app owner can scale as necessary. IT infrastructure teams are no longer a bottleneck.
Ensure security and reliability. – NGINX is bullet-proof, proven open source technology. More than 330 million sites rely on NGINX to deliver digital experiences to customers. NGINX provides a secure, reliable foundation for developing and delivering modern apps.
Extend traditional load balancing with software:
- HTTP, TCP, and UDP load balancing
- Layer 7 request routing using URI, cookie, args, and more
- Session persistence based on cookies
- Active health checks on status code and response body
- Service discovery using DNS
Use the same cache that powers the world’s largest CDNs:
- Cache static and dynamic content
- Improve dynamic content performance with microcaching
- Serve “stale” content while revalidating in the background to improve performance
- Override or set Cache‑Control headers
- Manage the cache easily with the cache‑purging.
Deliver static assets with unparalleled speed and efficiency:
- Handle hundreds of thousands of clients simultaneously
- Use up to 90% less memory than other web servers
- Reverse proxy multiple protocols: HTTP, gRPC, Memcached, PHP‑FPM, SCGI, uwsgi
- Stream HTTP video: FLV, HDS, HLS, MP4
- HTTP/2 gateway with HTTP/2 Server Push support
Protect your applications:
- Request/connection limiting
- Dual stack RSA/ECC SSL offloading
- IP access control list (ACL)
- JWT authentication for APIs and OpenID Connect single sign‑on (SSO)
- NGINX WAF dynamic module
Dynamically plug in additional features:
- GeoIP modules to locate users by IP address (requires MaxMind GeoIP database)
- Build tool for compiling your own custom modules
- Single sign‑on modules: ForgeRock, IDF Connect, and Ping Identity
- Dynamic modules repository
Diagnose and debug complex application architectures:
- Monitor NGINX metrics and validate configuration with NGINX Amplify
- Plug-ins for AppDynamics, Datadog, Dynatrace, and New Relic
- Extended status with more than 90 unique metrics
- Built‑in, real‑time graphical dashboard
- JSON and HTML output for integration with custom monitoring tools